Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hello, from the Outer Banks

Hi everyone! We are currently on our yearly trip to the Outer Banks, North Carolina, and I thought I would share some pictures with you throughout the week!

Today we visited a beach in Corolla, where the Currituck Banks Estuarine Reserve is located. We set out to enjoy the ocean spray, sunshine, and...to look for the wild horses. :) We were blessed to see around half a dozen! We watched them traverse the shoreline and later saw them move up into the dunes. And we all laughed when a small, mischievous-looking group of them approached a fisherman's cart, checking out all his supplies. :D And the fisherman could only watch, because people are allowed to get no closer than 50 feet of the lovely creatures.



(You can see the fisherman in the background, though his cart is not visible in this shot.)


 
 

 Einstein is my back-seat companion and turned to let me get a shot of him between his spells of watching out the windows. :)

 

When we got out to walk we could get better pictures, plus cool off a bit in the water's edge. :)

Josh

Love this snapshot of Mother :)

Pop

 
And down here you are actually allowed to drive ON THE BEACH! It is true that the tire tracks take away from the natural appearance of the beach, but it is a completely different experience from driving on pavement--and you sure can't beat the view! (Plus it's really fun to bounce through the ruts left by the other vehicles ;)

Chelsea behind the wheel

And I got a turn too




Pelicans


 
So now you have seen what I have been up to today! And I know generally my blog posts generally focus on writing and projects, but God's creation is so beautiful, so perhaps you shall enjoy seeing photographic captures of it. :)

And to add in some book-stuff, I will tell you, this morning I worked on some outlining for the fifth Lauren book. Book four is already outlined. I just need to write it!

No comments:

Post a Comment